I took a different approach to today.
Though normally I choose to pick a song I'm listening to and discuss my day to day and how that fits in, this post is a bit different. I finally got a chance to see Tom Ford's "A Single Man" and was absolutely taken in by the themes, methods, and expressions exuded by both the characters and the actors that embody them. It truly made me re-evaluate where I am and what I do. I feel that now that I have finished my project I have all of these things that I wish to carry on but that I have been emotionally exhausted. This comes at a time when I need to keep up the best of appearances, especially as we are re-presenting the project on Friday to both city officials and local architects in San Antonio. I hope that I can help spur a change in the city, but also receive a better critique than Wednesday. I feel that it was too shrt - there wasn't enough discussion as to what my project principles were and though it wasn't necessarily a bad review it wasn't a good one either. I think the only thing I did gain was a contact in the SA development office by the name of Richard. He seems like a very nice guy, so it would be interesting to see what is occurring in the city, though he had bad breath, and if you have to time to be well-dressed you have time to take care of things like that.
hifting back to the film, it seems to have reinforced some ideas concerning the type of man - as now I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find a woman with the qualities - I wish to meet. I feel that I want someone who is truly mentally stimulating and able to match me in terms of honesty and insight. Intelligent conversation is my number one goal - the desire to connect on a level that is not merely physical.
To make another note on the film, it really brought back the idea of the Era of Cool - early 1960s mod that really intrigues me. On a final note, Nicholas Hoult is a superb actor and an excellent-looking man.

0 comments:

Copyright 2010 ArchStar
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger