I really like this song. I was going to post the actual video, but I felt like it didn't have the same vision that I see when I hear it, so I didn't haha. I really like their style, it's like what would've happened if disco continued on into the 80s with a touch of psychadelica.

I have to say that I am a fan of dwell. Though some of my professors may argue against its validity, I think it still brings up a valid aspect to the argument of architecture, more specifically what is good architecture. B/c honestly that what it boils down to for a lot of architects - why is this good in the first place?
I found this month's issue to be particularly important to me, as it is concerning megacities, and not necessarily the ones you would think of first - Sao Paolo, Jakarta, Seoul, and Mumbai.
My favorite thing was this quote:
"Arriving at a metropolis is like stepping onto a moving sidewalk at an airport. Your legs are going at the same pace, but the world around you is moving a bit faster. The speed is addictive. Get used to it."
I can't wait to be a part of this!
On top of that, there is also information on parks in the city, which is an important concept in urban areas; where do you go for a breather?
Yesterday was a pretty good day, sans the fact I figured out my gpa and my whole goal of a 3.3. I can say for sure I will have no social life come September 1 (sigh). Oh well, I do enjoy my major and I feel I can make an impact and a contribution to the profession. I also know that if I can pull that off before the end of my tenure at school I can find a way to guarantee a grad student position somewhere.
For now I have to go to work.

Design your day!

0 comments:

Copyright 2010 ArchStar
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger