http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QPTZc1LudI

Katy Perry - California Gurls

This post is about a good friend of mine who I call my "onee-chan," or little sister. She goes to school now in California now, and this song reminds me of her, because just like Katy Perry, no matter the background put behind her, her voice and true self shines through.
I saw a lot of Sex and the City last night with my friends and I learned a lot about relationships and sex, though it's hilarious because a good deal of things I already knew. One of them really bugged me though, and it was the notion of marrying someone who loves you more than you love them. This also reminds me of my onee-chan: she has an older bf over there who loves her to death, but I think it's too much for her and I know for a fact that during winter break she cheated on him with an old bf. So why is she still with him? Obviously it's not what she really wants, which is important in a relationship, you have to want what you have.
Today was a culmination of things both good and bad. Got back my first grade - not excited with C and this knocks me a bit down with my overall goal; however I remind myself that these grades reflect the work I had done and not the work I have yet to do. On a plus I found some design competitions (free entry!) that I plan on participating in. I'm also working with a friend on a side project we're calling atelier A so I'm very excited about that.
I also just realized I missed the new Wonder Girls song! I'll proably post that soon.
Anyway, I went to dinner with a group that was (supposed) to be people that used to live on my floor. Only the main girl who is going off to medical school actually showed up - others had other plans and were too busy - along with my old roommate along with my best friend/his gf and my current roommate. Things went well so (stupidly) I invited him to go out with me. Bad idea. I am already aware of how he is, and none of my friends like him, yet I tried one last time to give him a chance. But no, at the party (which was insane, 3 storys of an apt building with a replica of the school tower that high) he had a problem with me standing where he had been (which is where I had been right before) and decided to shove me over, when I spilled (more purposefully than accidentally) a bit of my beer on him. This caused him to tip the whole cup over, which made more of a mess than anything on him and made him look like a douche in front of frat guys no less. I'm pretty much done trying to be social with him, it's too much work.
Other than that, I had a really good time - saw tons of people I knew, including one guy who was way too trashed for his own good and actually has a secret girlfriend, and then hung out with my good friend Ashley along with the guy who I got over and his new guy who he met two days ago and is really really into him (though old crush is pretty unaware and usually drunk haha). All night he whispered to us "he's just testing, right? right?" while I tried to explain this was no test. No matter - at the end we parted ways with those two left alone and me 6 hours before i have to get up to sing happy birthday for a girl I don't know with people from my acappella group.
This is my social life.

I can't wait to start work.

0 comments:

Copyright 2010 ArchStar
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger