Just one of my favorite songs, so I really wanted to post it.

Today was the very first day of class! This means the log is going to get much much MUCH more interesting. Yayyy. Today I began with VisComm III (8am!!), which I'm actually retaking b/c I had one too many absences. Either way, I was relieved to find that the class will actually be easier this time around, and that if I attend every single class then I am basically guaranteed an A. Also, having it contributes to my Design class, which I'll explain a bit. Later on in the day I had Italian Composition and Conversation. Currently I'm on the waitlist for the class, but I can say with 90% certainty that I'm going to get into the class, as I'm first on the waitlist of two people (the other person on the list was there as well). It was funny b/c she and I were fist pumping every time that someone's name was called and they were absent. My favorite thing about it though was that I understood everything she said! It was a big confidence booster after I had a lackluster summer in regards to my Italian language development. I think overall it's going to be an excellent class; hopefully I'm officially accepted in the next couple of days.

Design.

Design V began with a lottery, where each instructor gives an introduction to the work that will be done in the upcoming studio, including Interior Design though no one else can take their course. My professor this semester is Clay Shortall. Don't try googling him - I've already tried and have found little existence of an architectural presence online. Anyway, he currently works for Zaha Hadid (super well-know architect of our generation b/c of her flowy looking buildings of which I question the validity of) as the only remote worker in the entire firm, specializing in digital work and fabrication. It's going to be an excellent year, not only because of the work I'm doing in the realm of technology this semester, but also b/c of the design program we are given. Essentially, we are doing work concerning a velodrome. For those of you unaware with the sport of track cycling, velodromes are arenas that are specifically designed to optimize the speed at which the bikes travel on the track and reduce the amount of centrifugal forces occur on the bike, not to mention the work done to maximize the necessity of perpendicularity concerning the cycle in regards to the track. I'll write more tomorrow; currently, I'm three sheets to the wind as it is officially my roommate's birthday! Nevertheless, this will be quite an interesting semester. Because if this ain't love, why does it feel so good?

---Apparently I had finished this last night...----

0 comments:

Copyright 2010 ArchStar
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger