http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4WpOCueL3M

I would have to say this song is very accurate as to how I feel in my social life. But alas, I have little time for that right now :/

In terms of design, it seems like the class has come to the conclusion that our professor is a crazy old man who has little semblance of what is relevant concerning the work that we are doing. In this light, for our redevelopment of San Antonio, we have chosen to create an overall district map that will give some semblance to our design changes and goals for the area. Along with this, we have created color schemes for each district within the area so everything will look nice, professional, etc. so I wonder how this will work with my new design. Think of tiles all over that give the semblance of water. In my review my idea of color was shot down by my professor, but I'll never give up on it. Colors may fade, but the idea behind this is to give the building value and culture. This is in spite of what my Site Design teacher, David Heymann, says about architects lacking culture - just because Loos decided to be such a polarizing person in an article does not mean it is true. Especially coming from a Hispanic background, to say I have no culture is insulting! Anyway, the inspiration behind my building is the importance of water in San Antonio and the courtyard which the building surrounds will contain a fountain and work as a point of axis between the different areas. OOOoooooohhh I can't wait to show up with my poster and everyone be >_> wtf. Ah, I really need to kick ass on this thing.

Also, one of my classmates created a twitter for our Site Design class. There's only three more lectures left, but everything posted so far is golden: http://twitter.com/HeymannSays

0 comments:

Copyright 2010 ArchStar
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger