http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiXjYDKv2Mc&feature=channel


Let's rewind about 2 weeks and go through a lot of stuff.

Turned in my scholarship app for arch school - hopefully my poignant essay garners me a couple of bucks here or there.

Joined an a Capella group called 'One Note Stand.' Yes, I sing.

But most of all, took a site trip to San Antonio! If you don't know what a site trip is, basically students travel to the 'theoretical' site that they will be developing for Design. Our area is River North - an expanse that is slated for redevelopment and in a highly urban area. It goes without saying that I was uuuuuuber excited! Overall the two-day trip was like a mini-vaction: lots of observation; unbelievably beautiful weather; and best of all - no real work! It seems that this semester has taken a noticeable drop in work load (so far). I can only say that for my studio though - our professor is decidedly less intense than the others (and far more incapable of using technology hahaha) much to the chagrin of my fellow year mates. O.o Basically we are targets of anger, but in fact the current situation has caused some people to go insane! That's what happens when ass kissers aren't told where to put their lips. lmao
Last week was an insane week of work that was mostly me keeping preoccupied and distracted from the day of dread, which is - Valentine's Day. This is basically the theme of my life currently - think tristesse et joie - I'm higher and happier than I've been in a long time, and yet, that one thing is missing from my life and it seems like that space is getting bigger. It's a bit ironic that though I've lost weight, I now feel bigger than I did 25 lbs ago. sigh. Overall I think I'm just going to let it go; it doesn't help that my current love interest (yes, I have one now) was cruised within an hour of arriving at our hotel for the site trip (yes he is a studio mate). If anyone ever tells you that they've never liked anyone in architecture that is an architecture major, they are lying. Or they have a bf/gf and even then it's questionable.
For now, I prepare for the day and focus on now - deciding on how we (as a group) want River North to look like and finishing up my Italian homework after missing class two days out of three lectures. I just figured I should have milked my cold for as much as I could have. Here's hoping my happiness shines through and I don't feel like my life is hurtful.

0 comments:

Copyright 2010 ArchStar
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger