http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csbWGQOhsHA


It doesn't help with anything when I wake up late like today. Granted, I woke up at 4am, but still, when you end up sleeping for 9 hours then you've already slept too much. Especially as an architecture student. At least I woke up just in time to listen to Fearne Cotton on BBC Radio 1, she's my favorite show on it and it's live from 4-6:45. That and I can freak out about how much work is left to be done! On top of that, I have to make sure to finish all my work due today on top of finishing all the Design work officially due tomorrow. Ugh, it never helps to be this busy, but alas it happens. At least Italian was fun yesterday - we began discussing a good holiday experience. I couldn't think of anything at first; it's hard to remember a lot of things when you live for now. But one that really stuck out was Spring Break last year. I have to say that was my one of my most favorite breaks of all time. I was able to relax fully and enjoy a full week in Austin w/o any obligations. I can't wait for Spring Break again, it's going to be absolutely amazing! Yesterday I also finished and turned in my scholarship application for the school of architecture. I just hope that goes well and I can get something. I know the university will make it so I'm covered when it comes to what I need, but to be able to have full range of expression and not worry about money just makes it that much better. And it's a load off. Here was my essay response.

To be an architect means to be a designer. It is to have the ability to move your hand, and with that movement – that stroke of genius – one can move mountains, level forests, and build civilizations. This is the amazing power we have as designers of the built environment. My career goal is to find ways to mend both the artificially built and the natural environment into a place; that is, a space that has significance, meaning, but most of all, sets a path for future generations to live in harmony with the earth, producing a way of life that surpasses sustainability. If I cannot achieve this goal in my lifetime, at least I can help to start the process and be a catalyst for change. Personally, I’m a very simple person that takes a lot of thought into everything I do and in everything that interests me. These interests include a vast array of music (the structure of melodies and dissonance to create balance), foreign languages and cultures (the impetus of designs and the reason for actions), cooking food (the making of a whole greater than the sum of its parts), and the city itself. I feel that by receiving financial aid through the school, I would be without worry of wondering how I will have to afford materials and be able to focus solely on research and design. I feel when money is left out of the equation, the bounds of ability are nonexistent and the possibilities of great work are infinite. Focusing my goals on improving the city and addressing the need for great places, I hope to obtain assistance from the school to be able to solve great urban issues – the ones that first piqued my interest and started me down this path of improvement not only for myself but for the greater good.


I think I did pretty well for my response, so I'm hoping everything else pulls through. I know my GPA isn't the highest, but that's why I'm going to get all A's this semester and redeem it. Let's just hope for the best.

0 comments:

Copyright 2010 ArchStar
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger